Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Cabin Fever made me do it !! 8 years 1 month ago #11314

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
Looks great!!! Love those candy colors. Wished I could be around when someone asks you how old it is and you tell them. That's the icing on the cake. This clean up of yours didn't take that long either. Again, kudos to you.

I wish the weather here in Ontario Canada was a little warmer (the high today was -11 C. tonight -22 C.) I have to heat the shop with propane and the costs are 4 times higher than my old shop with natural gas. I've been sitting on my ass inside waiting for mother nature to warm things up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cabin Fever made me do it !! 8 years 1 month ago #11315

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
Another question I intended asking, Tim: I see the bike is a KZ - presumably of USA origin - to which you have fitted the large fuel tank. It has the wider / taller handle bars, as fitted to the American bikes. Do you like the wide bars, or do you prefer the narrower european ones?

Cabin Fever made me do it !! 8 years 1 month ago #11319

• Tonto
  • Tonto's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
John - I really dont envy your -22C :blink: :blink: I cant wait for Spring; just want to get out on a bike and put some miles on dry roads.

Jim - the bike a 1979 US KZ but was shipped into Germany in 1985, the then owner put the large tank on it and an ebony paint set.
Re the Bars - long story but I could not get on with the OE fitment bars, I found the pull-back a bit awkward on my wrists (I must have odd arms), anyway, I had an NOS set of Suzuki GT750 Kettle bars on the shelf, which I fitted and just prefer the bar position - I've ridden thousands of miles on Kettles in the past 5 years, so guess I am just used to the feeling.
Re Mufflers - sadly not had chance to use the bike on the road since fitting: just engine set up and subsequent warm ups - but they do sound and look very nice indeed. Hopefully very soon I will get to hear them sing ! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Cheers Tim
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.

Cabin Fever made me do it !! 8 years 1 month ago #11333

• 6cylinder
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
wow, nicely done beautiful paint work, love the pipes..
millers auto electric

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds