• Page:

TOPIC:

It Lives! 8 years 5 months ago #9683

• Ledkz1300
  • Ledkz1300's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Finally completed swapping over most of the parts from the donor bike, cleaned the carbs, fixed the electrical gremlins and got it up and running. Starts with one touch of the button and idles well. Little bit of a slump coming off idle occasionally but runs extremely well for not syncing the carbs since I don't have a clue how to do that.

I wanted to ride it for a bit before the season ends and I have to take it apart again for the installation of the big bore kit and valve seals. If it didn't smoke blue so much I wouldn't bother but it smokes like a train, especially under hard acceleration. Despite that, it pulls well.

Right now I am running open headers.... :)

Some former owner made a dogs breakfast of the exhaust. They had turned the 6-1 to a 6-1-2 but it was leaking very badly at the collector since it was very rusty. Sounded like crap so I decided to cut it off with a recip lol. Sounds much better now but pretty loud. I'll only be riding it for a few weeks at best before it gets stripped and then the brand new DG 6-1 will be going on. I didn't see the point in putting a brand new pipe on a bike that is coming apart in a few weeks.

Here is a short video of it running. You can see the smoke when I blip the throttle.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds