Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Show and Tell? 8 years 5 months ago #9842

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
kwak1261 - that Revotec fan controller looks like a great idea. What temperature have you adjusted it to?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show and Tell? 8 years 5 months ago #9844

• kwak1261
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 72
Hi
i ended up with it set about 92 degrees c but i havent run the bike much this year so it still needs a bit of tweaking
i think it might need to be a bit hotter. i prefer a cooler running engine
Z1300 A4 ZG1300 DFI X2
Z1261J GS1000S
Vmax1200 XT500
The following user(s) said Thank You: biltonjim

Last edit: by kwak1261.

Show and Tell? 8 years 5 months ago #9846

• trikebldr
  • trikebldr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 38
This is how to properly accessorize a ZN1300 Voyager!

OK, it's only mocked up next to the bike, but it gives an idea of what it will look like. I have figured out my plan of action to connect it, though.

Will have to buy a spare right-hand saddlebag support frame and add some bracing to it, then weld on a bracket and have it all re-chromed.

Gotta modify the front right crash bar, too, then have it re-chromed, too. For some reason these bikes are almost never found with "clean" front crash bars! They are usually all scraped up and bent up from clamping highway bars and letting the bike roll over on it's side. This bike has perfect crash bars, so I will use an old one to modify.

Oh, and by the way, for those eagle-eyes out there, we just don't have indoor plumbing yet! Believe me, it's a bitch during the snowy winters, but so nice if I have to go really quick while working on the bike! LOL!

Show and Tell? 8 years 5 months ago #9847

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Love the way the lines on the hack compliment the front fairing.

Show and Tell? 8 years 5 months ago #9853

• biltonjim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 242
Looks amazing. Could not be a better pairing of bike and side car. Will you paint it to match the bike? I've said it before, but the rear view of the Voyager is just so impressive!

Show and Tell? 8 years 5 months ago #9856

• trikebldr
  • trikebldr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 38
Jim,
Yes, it will eventually be color-matched to the bike, but this next spring I am going to the AVA rally and to one Sidecarist rally with it in it's original condition. For a 36 year old hack it's in fantastic shape, so it should be seen for a while just as it is. But, it will be hard to hold back painting it.
I do plan to make up a folding rack for the back of the 'car, sorta like on top of the bike's trunk, but I don't think I will load a bunch of lights on it like on the bike. It will get a custom aluminum gas tank made with a pump to feed the bike's tank, a heater that taps into the bike's cooling system, stereo and intercom connected to the bike and an air pump to feed the new air-shock for ride-height control. Very soon I will be color-matching the wheel to the bike's gold wheel color, though. Can't stand that black wheel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: biltonjim

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds