Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Confession 8 years 4 months ago #10218

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
Many years ago on a long ride to the "Kimberly Beer Fest" our group was passed by a Full-dress-"hog' and a "hog" powered "chopper".
On the back of the full-dressed was a rather "substantial" gal wearing jeans and a tube top. It was a hot sunny summer day and she was burnt red like a tomato. The "chopper" was funny to watch pull-in in front of us as it appeared to be only 12" wide with a very tall skinny guy riding it with arms up high on "monkey-bars". There was something comical about the scene. About 5 minutes later my group came upon them, both pulled over and clearly some type of scrutiny was being given both bikes. We all pulled over to offer any assistance. The first thing we noticed (because that's what guys do ?) was the "gal". Her "size" was formidable as was her sun/wind burn. She was wearing a large round pendant on a chain and clearly had been riding for hours in the sun and heat as there was a perfect "white" outline of the heavy chain around her neck and silver-dollar size pendant on her.........chest!
When we had finished with our empathy's for her sun-burn and offerings of various lotions and moisturizers (Some of us had our own gals with us and we all know what that means for creams and lotions) we eventually redirected our attention to the two machines. The Full-dress had pulled over to re-install the shift-lever which had loosened and fallen off and fortunately had become lodged in the foot-boards. An easy fix by simply replacing it and re-tightening the clamping bolt. This had happened sometime back but he'd decided to just keep riding until he got to the next town (Creston, BC). The "chopper" was the most humorous. Apparently the ride was abruptly stopped when the engine did the same and it was the choppers problem that necessitated the pull-over.
"Ya", he said. "Just cruising after we passed you guys when the bike coughed a couple of times and the engine just quit". He laughed !
It was obvious immediately! The 2 nuts (no pun intended) that hold the carb. on the intake studs had loosened and fallen off. The gasket had been the only thing holding the carb. onto the head until the vibration separated it and with no nuts on the studs, the carb fell off. So there he was with a carb, dangling from the throttle cable, hanging from 24" monkey-bars! In a few minutes he had cannibalized two nut's from some other part of the bike and they rolled into Creston, only a few minutes behind my group, no the worse for the issues.
The moral of the story is: Always wear sun-screen !
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Confession 8 years 4 months ago #10219

• Tonto
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 133
A couple of years ago I (riding my KZ900A4) and was beaten in a straight drag race by a young girl, on a pink 50cc scooter, with matching pink helmet and jacket :blush:

I had previously overtaken said "pink scooter" at 80+mph, and then about 2-3 miles down the road had my throttle cable snap :blink: so I pulled up at side of road, set carbs to fastest idle speed I could achieve, and then managed to get up to about 25 MPH and limp my stricken Z900 home.

Then, with the Jaws theme tune playing in my helmet I saw her in my mirrors slowly hunting me down, her image getting ever bigger until the inevitable happened, and she crawled past me with a 2 to 3 mph speed advantage. Bugger ! :whistle:

Still she had the decency to wave at me as she slowly cruised of into the distance.
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without the loss of enthusiasm " Winston Churchill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch

Confession 8 years 4 months ago #10221

• McZed
  • McZed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
I had a similar experience many years back. It was late November time, set off for work one morning and the car wouldn’t start. At the time my work place was about a fifteen mile drive, some of it on dual carriageway and the last five or so miles on narrow country roads. No problem, I got the bike out of the shed. A full power Canadian import Yamaha V-Max. Set off for work, the roads were a little frosty in places but not too bad, bearing in mind I was riding very carefully. Through out the day a freezing fog descended, it got colder and colder. By finishing time at five o’clock it was minus 10, pitch dark and the roads were covered in black ice. I made my way slowly home, make that very slowly. Going down the dual carriageway at about twenty mph, this little scooter zipped past me. he must have been doing about 40. Cheeky little perisher. :blush:
Z1300 UK

Confession 8 years 4 months ago #10224

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027

scotch wrote: The moral of the story is: Always wear sun-screen !

Hilarious Scotch. You stopped to check out the sunburn and noticed 2 dead Hogs?? And if I read between the lines, maybe if you ride a Hog, you need to check your nuts before you go for a ride??

Confession 8 years 4 months ago #10225

• McZed
  • McZed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
If Scotch had been a true gentleman he would have offered to rub some sunscreen into the unfortunate ladies affected areas. :woohoo:
Z1300 UK

Confession 8 years 4 months ago #10240

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
Because i had my significant other with me, the Sun-screen" option was not an option! Not that i hadn't thought about it. Karma came back to bite me in the ass, never-the-less. That night we had set up our tents in the dark. The next morning most of us had discovered we'd camped on top of a Ant-hill. A friend was sharing our tent and had failed to do-up the tent flap zipper and we found the tent was filled with ants. BIG ants ! Apparently one of the buggers had got into my sleeping bag (no pun intended - so don't go there) and bit me on my left "nut". The rest of the weekend and the ride home was "uncomfortable" with a "Nut" the size of a tennis-ball". Never checked to see if was a metric ant.

Kawboy _ Now I always check the nuts, before each ride!
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Time to create page: 0.317 seconds