Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Confession 8 years 9 months ago #7828

• BigSix
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 224
Honestly, according to what I think scooters are some form of sub-whatever-level existence. I would never greet one of those or even consider
them in any way equal so you have done right in confessing it here in order to get help.

However, I need to admit that a Lambretta is not really one of those scooters mentioned above, it is rather something that is old and possibly worth keeping alive, rather similir to our Zeds (there is still more than one major difference, I need to insist on !).

I mean, of all scooter like two-wheelers is it probably the one you can help out and get away with it.

Don't feel that bad, the guy probably loves beer as much as we do and nobody has caught you, I guess ?

regards

Holger
Z1300 A1/ KZT30AG built 1979
frame KZT30A 004285
engine KZT30A 000288
location: borderland-triangle France/ Germany/ Switzerland, Europe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Confession 8 years 4 months ago #10211

• caddypat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
my goodness,i hope i dont get kicked off the forum,but my brother owns a scooter and i actually rode it.pat

Confession 8 years 4 months ago #10214

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 38
Wow! I never noticed this thread before, but wish I had! I'll take on anybody who knocks a Lambretta! I've had two of them when in high school. First one was a 175cc, and the second one was a 225cc. I stripped off all the "bodywork" from the 175 and added a garden tractor tire on the rear to go hill climbing. LOTS of fun! Also, the 225cc model was the fastest two-wheeler at school until the guy with the 650 Triumph showed up! Then a guy with a 180cc Yamaha Twin showed up and could barely beat me.
DON'T EVER LAUGH AT A LAMBRETTA!!

Confession 8 years 4 months ago #10215

• BigSix
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 224
@ trikebldr

Guess we need to differ between a Lambretta (old, cool) and a scooter (new, just for girls and pansies)

Do you agree ?

Holger
Z1300 A1/ KZT30AG built 1979
frame KZT30A 004285
engine KZT30A 000288
location: borderland-triangle France/ Germany/ Switzerland, Europe

Confession 8 years 4 months ago #10216

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lifelong Rider Suffering Through MBD
  • Thank you received: 274

trikebldr wrote: Wow! I never noticed this thread before, but wish I had! I'll take on anybody who knocks a Lambretta! I've had two of them when in high school. First one was a 175cc, and the second one was a 225cc. I stripped off all the "bodywork" from the 175 and added a garden tractor tire on the rear to go hill climbing. LOTS of fun! Also, the 225cc model was the fastest two-wheeler at school until the guy with the 650 Triumph showed up! Then a guy with a 180cc Yamaha Twin showed up and could barely beat me.
DON'T EVER LAUGH AT A LAMBRETTA!!

Hi TrikeBldr,
That's incredible. I did something very similar. Don't remember the displacement of my Lambretta but it was fast and I was young. The Lambretta's had a tube frame so the body work could be stripped. I ended up fitting wooden floor boards with rubber floor mats for traction. I've been wanting to recreate one ever since.
Bill
1947 Indian Chief, 1968 BSA Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 Kawasaki W3, 1976 KZ900 A4, 1979 KZ750 B4, 1979 KZ750 B4 Trike, 1980 KZ550, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 1985 Kawasaki ZN1300, 1987 Yamaha Trail Way, 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1981 GL 1100, 2009 Yamaha RoadLiner S

Confession 8 years 4 months ago #10217

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 38

BigSix wrote: @ trikebldr

Guess we need to differ between a Lambretta (old, cool) and a scooter (new, just for girls and pansies)

Do you agree ?

Holger

The only "scooters" I respect are the Lambrettas and Vespas over 150cc. All else are just toys for puttering around the neighborhood.

Actually, I think we are already in agreement!

KZQ, they did look awfully funny with that partial glove box under the seat and that bulbous gas tank, with the curved sheet metal top section. That was one robust curved tube frame. And, I loved the clutch/shifter all in one grip.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds