Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

off idle hesitation 9 years 4 months ago #5427

• aus_z1300
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 21
Good to hear your getting somewhere.I noticed when putting my carbs back together i had to play around a bit with the placement of the diaphrams to get the slides operating smoothly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

off idle hesitation 9 years 4 months ago #5429

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lifelong Rider Suffering Through MBD
  • Thank you received: 274

kennyb wrote: ...I noticed one of the slides is kind of sticky.I thought maybe I found the problem.Sooo ...

I struggled with a sticky pair of slides recently and kept swapping parts until I found that one of the nylon posts that lift the slides was warped. It was causing the center to center distance to change which bound up the pair of slides.

Bill
1947 Indian Chief, 1968 BSA Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 Kawasaki W3, 1976 KZ900 A4, 1979 KZ750 B4, 1979 KZ750 B4 Trike, 1980 KZ550, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 1985 Kawasaki ZN1300, 1987 Yamaha Trail Way, 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1981 GL 1100, 2009 Yamaha RoadLiner S

off idle hesitation 9 years 4 months ago #5438

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
Check for air leakage around the rubber manifolds and where they bolt on. Your problem is classic of that.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

off idle hesitation 9 years 4 months ago #5443

• kennyb
  • kennyb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Tonight I went for a ride in the frigid weather to test my bike, Prior to that I installed the floats I ordered from Scotch.I have to say he does very nice work.Color tuned and retarded my timing a little bit below stock via my Dyna2000.I think I have it set to 32 or 33 degrees of total advance.I road around until the engine got up to temp and I gunned it 5 to 6 times from a dead stop and it wouldn't hesitate :woohoo: It even chirped the rear tire from a dead stop! I hope it lasts.Btw it was a cold night here in NYC.The temp was hovering around freezing so the air was denser.We'll see what happens when it warms up and the motor gets really hot.

off idle hesitation 9 years 3 months ago #5451

• kennyb
  • kennyb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 8
I made a interesting observation when I took my bike out.When I had the headlight off the hesitation was not apparent.When I turned the headlight on the stutter came back.Did some more research and found this mod called the"coil relay mod"Apparently a lot of vintage bikes suffer from a drop in power to the coils.So you get a weak spark etc.So I performed the mod. I used 16 gauge wire but of rather used 12 gauge wire. But for now it will have to due until next week. But anyways WOW what a improvement :cheer: I road last night and had my heated gloves full blast and headlight on of course and the bike wouldn't hesitate well it did a little once but yeah it seems to be gone or barley noticeable.Great roll on acceleration as well.I got this tip from the XS11 crowd and some other KZ site. Also the voltage seemed more stable as well at lower rpms.I will continue with testing but so far it looks good.
Attachments:

Last edit: by kennyb.
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds