• Page:

TOPIC:

#3 Cylinder A/F mixtrure screw not responding 9 years 5 months ago #4881

• kennyb
  • kennyb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi every one I finally got the beast running and it seems to run good. Runs strong and idles good. But coming home from a long ride on the highway I noticed I would hit a flat spot around the 4000 rpm range. I increased the main jetting and adjusted the needle clip. I then installed the carbs and performed a color tune. I noticed cylinder #3 wasn't responding when I was turning the mixture screw? The color tune spark plug had no color and only the spark was visible.I preceded to play around with a/f screw and it didn't really do much. The spark plug has a good color.Compression is 120psi and timing is good,carb sync performed twice. Any suggestions or don't worry about it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by kennyb.

#3 Cylinder A/F mixtrure screw not responding 9 years 5 months ago #4887

• Toddh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 65
Hello Ken:

You may have a blockage in the idle circuit. The only way to know for sure is to remove the carb and to blow it out with shop air.

Once clear, blow it out in both directions.

**Do you have sufficient PSI on your compressor? i.e. at least 125 to 150lbs.

**Are you using a rubber tipped nozzle to concentrate air pressure where needed, and directly into the passage?

**Just because you apply air pressure to the passage does not mean the passage is clear. When applying air, do you feel the same amount of air exiting the passage to the amount of air going into the circuit?

**On these carbs, the idle circuit contains the smallest orifices and passages in the carb body, so they are easily blocked and clogged.

**If you are not moving fuel in the cylinder, then you are not moving air. (at least more than likely not moving air)

Regards.

Todd.
KZ1300 A-4 4TH 1300 IN 30 YEARS
KZ1000 D-3/ Z1R
ZX900 GPZ A-3
KZ750 E-1
K1200GT
CB750F 1978
The following user(s) said Thank You: kennyb

Last edit: by Toddh.

#3 Cylinder A/F mixtrure screw not responding 9 years 5 months ago #4888

• kennyb
  • kennyb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Thanks Todd for stepping up to the plate on this issue.Unfortunately my air compressor crapped out a few weeks back :( But I will also check my float height as well. Seems 5&6 are running lean at WOT and 3&4 not responding to the A/F screw which can be a attributed to the floats.The bike runs for now I want to enjoy it a little. Compared to a lot of KZ1300's I have heard it sounds and runs alright.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds