Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Still can't get it to run right ???? 9 years 6 months ago #4821

• zed_thirteen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137
I had exactly this issue with my 5 & 6 idle. I thought I must have blocked idle circuits so I pulled the carbs to work on them.

When I drained all three carbs I noticed there was only a fraction of fuel came out of the right hand carb compared to what had come out of the other two.

For me the problem was a sticking float needle valve. These were new ones - so I just put the old one back in and now it is working fine.

The colour tune wasn't showing bunson blue for me. It was just showing blue spark.

This may not be your problem but worth checking. Fuel bowl is one of the only things common to 5 & 6.

I had used the float valves that came with CruzinImage carb overhaul kits. I don't think the quality of the valves is quite up to big K standard.
1980 KZ1300 B2 Touring/A2
1990 ZZ-R1100 C1
The following user(s) said Thank You: kennyb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Still can't get it to run right ???? 9 years 6 months ago #4823

• kennyb
  • kennyb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 8
I purchased that kit from "Cruzinimage" as well. I will definitely look at that area of the carbs.

Still can't get it to run right ???? 9 years 6 months ago #4824

• kza13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
I found that the little wire spring clip that holds the needle in wasn't "quiet right" in the replacement kits, in the original ones the top loop on the wire was straight and the replacements were angled in, this made the needle hang up on the wire and stop the needle opening or only just opening starving the bike, put the original needle and seats back in and she was good as gold
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153
The following user(s) said Thank You: kennyb

Still can't get it to run right ???? 9 years 6 months ago #4830

• kennyb
  • kennyb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Just a update I finally figured out the root cause. It was timing! The timing was slightly off. Re timed all the cylinders and it works great now.Took it out on the highway and some street riding and the hesitation is minimal. Now The color tune should work for me(I hope). The bike runs cooler now and has way better fuel economy.Now for some new plugs,oil change and fix some minor electrical issues and then a road trip!!!

Last edit: by kennyb.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds