• Page:

TOPIC:

Still can't get it to run right ???? 9 years 6 months ago #4812

• kennyb
  • kennyb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Hello all I just want to first thank every one that has responded to all my questions you have really helped me a lot in resurrecting a bike that was pretty much dead.Okay so hear I go I have a issue with hesitation from a dead stop. When I gun it it will just hesitate and then it will go! I understand from 1/8 to 1/4 position on the throttle is affected by the mixture screw. I have adjusted it and still no luck in resolving the hesitation. This is what I have done so far. Performed carb sync, replaced all the copper gaskets on the header pipe and re torqued,moved up to a 45 on the slow jet from the stock 42.5 jet,from a 110 jet to 115 jet and then back down to a 110 jet and 4th or 5th clip on the needle?,checked for vacuum leaks with my propane torch (minus the flame of course)and purchased a color tune and got all the flames to Bunsen burner blue,changed spark plugs and checked gaps.Earlier when I got the bike I did all the valves and checked compression and it was within Kawasaki specs of 119 to 171 psi.The bike has a Dyna 2000 ignition and Dyna coils, DG pipe and a UNI filter.Carbs are clean and float heights are set to 27mm as recommended by another member here.I have also checked for possible vent issue with the gas tank.I have ridden with the cap open and still hesitates. Any ideas any one ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by kennyb.

Still can't get it to run right ???? 9 years 6 months ago #4816

• kennyb
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
Just a update I tried recolor tuning and I notice the a/f mixture will lean out but won't enrich en the mixture for the #5 and #6 cyl. I turn it and keep turning it and stays Bunsen burner blue? I checked for leaks again and couldn't find anything ? C'mom you KZ1300 gurus help me out :dry:

Still can't get it to run right ???? 9 years 6 months ago #4817

• aus_z1300
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 21
To save you a lot of stuffing about you could always take it somewhere with motorcycle dyno tuning capabilities . Or buy a wideband 02 sensor and fit it yourself.
Even go trhough the old fashioned plug chop process.
When you say position 5 on the needle height are you placing the clip towards the bottom of the needle or the top.

Still can't get it to run right ???? 9 years 6 months ago #4818

• kennyb
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
Well I have thought of taking it to get Dyno tuned but that will be my last resort.The clip is 2nd to last or last position(can't remember) at the bottom of the needle. I think I might have a bad boot on cyl 5/6. The mixture screw will lean but not enrich-en.My understanding Dyno tuning is very pricey?O2 sensor is not really practical. I would have to put a bung hole in each header pipe?I do have a/f gauge and o2 sensor setup on my KLR650 but that's a single cyl.

Last edit: by kennyb.

Still can't get it to run right ???? 9 years 6 months ago #4819

• aus_z1300
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 21
Ah ok sounds like you have other issues .
But if all cylinders are running fine and even tuners will just stick a sensor in the exhaust.
Not in each header.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kennyb

Still can't get it to run right ???? 9 years 6 months ago #4820

• kennyb
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
Ran my propane torch again around the boots and still no leak detected. I will now focus on the exhaust header particularly #6. Maybe tap it with a rubber mallet to make sure it's seated all the way.But I think I narrowed it down to that particular cyl.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds