Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

zg1300 injection pump replacement 7 years 2 months ago #15447

• anfo
  • anfo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I was thinking of replacing the pressure regulator in which case the 6 bar pump could be regulated to 3 bar if necessary, not sure what the rear sets are phil but they look similar to the ones on your bike and are obviously manufactured and not home made, the bike has a 6 into one exhaust, Hagon Shocks and what looks like a genuine kawasaki cockpit fairing finished in the black ebony with pin striping like the rest of the bike. My bike is not 100% original because of this and I like how owners have modified their bikes. I paid £2200 for it last year Uk bike with 36k miles last owner had it for 19yrs I think it was a good buy. Thanks again for your help. Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

zg1300 injection pump replacement 7 years 2 months ago #15460

• Phil
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 1984 ZG1300-A1 DFI
  • Thank you received: 144
That does sound a bit of a bargain you bagged there Tony :) Keep us posted on how you get on, oh, and we love pics here :)
Only dead fish go with the flow

zg1300 injection pump replacement 7 years 2 months ago #15465

• anfo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Will post some photos Phil when I finish it hopefully not too long, I have 2 other bikes that need my attention. I intend to offer the Z1300 for sale only on this site if possible when finished and will be looking to recover my costs so it should be a good buy for somebody, I will only sell to a genuine enthusiast I'm a retired ex racer and bikes are one of my pastimes.Tony

zg1300 injection pump replacement 7 years 3 weeks ago #15819

• Husky
  • Thank you received: 8
Good day Anfo,

See attached from MCG in Germany,

Speak to Helmut maybe he can sort you out,

Regards

Pieter

www.z1300.de/images/big/mcg_benzinp.jpg
1981 HONDA CBX 1000 SUPER SPORT ,1981 KAWASAKI Z1100 SHAFT, 1984 ZG1300 A1 DFI, 1981 KAWASAKI Z1300 A3,
The following user(s) said Thank You: anfo

zg1300 injection pump replacement 7 years 12 hours ago #16013

• Ace
  • Thank you received: 2
This is the same pump I had on my 81 gpz 1100 and I found that a fuel pump from a mid 80s Subaru the only difference mechanically is you will have to put a 90 degree fitting on one side of it and most parts stores can get then NEW and a lot cheaper than the Kawasaki part if you could find it I think it was a Subaru brat on the gpz 1100 the air flow sensor was even the sane part number on the tag.I do know 1300 doesn't have air flow circuit but it's the same fuel pump

zg1300 injection pump replacement 6 years 11 months ago #16038

• anfo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you for that information and to all who helped with info, I have now resolved the fuel pump problem and purchased a pump from ebay at a very reasonable cost, the pump is working well and I am now cleaning the fuel injectors and hope to soon have the bike running after a few years of not running.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds