Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Getting tired of this bike running like crap 7 years 10 months ago #13251

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 832
Check the in-tank filter ! It's plastic and has a VERY fine mesh that can get plugged easily. I am suspecting rust/varnish. If it can't be cleaned then remove it and install a good in-line filter. Then pull the cone from the petcock body and check the porting. I've seen these filled solid with rust. Then remove the carbs, remove the bowls, floats and float needle valve body. I've also see carbs with so much rust on top of the float needle-valve body that no fuel would pass. And check thoroughly ! An illusion will have you think they're clean but they may not be. A spiral nylon tube cleaner and some lacquer thinner followed by some comp.-air will deal with this. If you're going to go to the extent of partially stripping the carbs, go all the way and check everything. My Cleaning Tool deals with the cleaning/flushing and flow checking.

A "fuel-pump" won't fix these or most problems but merely add two more places to leak, load an already weak charging system and give you another elec. connection(s) to give potential issues! K.I.S.S.

I've been using this filter type for years. Metal screen, can be cleaned quickly by reverse flushing it with my Cleaning Tool, inexpensive, readily available and flows more then adequately.

hope this helps.

1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Getting tired of this bike running like crap 7 years 10 months ago #13261

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
Thats the one I was refering to and maybe I should have explained a lot better. Getting a pump to go down to 1psi is virtually impossible so a 5-6 psi pump and that will do a top job.
Not thinking well with a dose of lurgi or whatever but the head might as well be a pumpkin.
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

Getting tired of this bike running like crap 7 years 10 months ago #13284

• z13phil
  • Thank you received: 8
Brilliant :) this confirms what someone told me years ago. Just ordered a aftermarket one for a GSX1000 off eBay for £18.99. I'm more than confident this will do it. B)

Getting tired of this bike running like crap 7 years 10 months ago #13285

• z13phil
eBay item number:

Details about SUZUKI GSX1100G GSX 1100 G GSX1100 1991 1992 1993 PETROL FUEL PUMP OUTSIDE TANK

Getting tired of this bike running like crap 7 years 10 months ago #13291

• brandonsmash
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

strate6 wrote: Brandon............

That aint a pump mate, thats a regualtor you need to use with a pump.

Pete F
UK

That's what came up when I googled "ebay" and the item number listed in the relevant post.

This is what I was thinking about when I get to that point:

(For some reason it won't link, either in plaintext or with url. It's ebay dot com /itm/131593512363)
Cut to approximate, smash to fit!

Last edit: by brandonsmash.

Getting tired of this bike running like crap 7 years 10 months ago #13292

• Lucien-Harpress
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 108
I'm another one in the camp that a fuel pump shouldn't be necessary. If you have to have one, you're simply compensating for a problem you haven't found yet. Why put a band-aid on the cancer, when you can just cure it in the first place?

Checking the petcock screen is an excellent idea. I can't remember too many o-rings in the carb fuel circuits that could swell up and cause blockages (too used to dealing with Goldwing carbs... you DON'T want to know), but these intermittent issues definitely sound like a fuel delivery problem...

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds