Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Carb/inj alignment tool? 8 years 4 months ago #10090

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
further to the carb-mount/alignment question.

<......I do read where some have had leakage problems and this is probably due to slight misalignment in the rubber connectors...> I took this as a typo and that it was meant to read LINKAGE.

From my own experience linkage binding isn't a concern when installing the carbs as I previously outlined. What I believe some might construe as binding due to "misalignment" I will suggest is more probably from maladjustment of the Choke/fast-idle setting and this can be compounded if the throttle cable is just a "little" too tight. (not having that tiny amount of slack before the throttle actually is rolled-on from idle.) The linkages are NOT that sensitive to needing a factory alignment tool to get the carbs within a fraction of a decimal point.
"Binding" as I have discovered several times with carbs I'm setting up is when the engine doesn't return to idle quickly and cleanly when coming off speed and wanting it to go to idle. I have covered this previously. In my experience this is a result of the above mentioned incorrect adjustments. I's quite easy to get the engine idling and sync'd and running to satisfaction and then discover the throttle is "hanging-up". If a quick "blip" gets the RPM back down to the set point then this indicates to me that the fast-idle/choke cam adjustment requires further setting. Having some visible slack in the throttle cable doesn't mean all is loose and correct.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by scotch.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds