Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

FUEL INJECTION ON A 1979 KZ1300 8 years 4 months ago #10094

• wess.vic
  • wess.vic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
I don't think I want to attempt this right now. But I recently been having trouble with gas fouling of plugs and too much gas flow to cylinders. I even sometimes get gas in the header pipe. I wanted some more information on it. I'm using a dg exhuast 6 into 1 and rejetted and adjusted my needles. I have been back and forth between adjustments but still get too much fuel. Runs very rich. In the dyna sports jets kit theres a screw and bit to drill out the air screw on the carbs. But I have no idea were the air mixture screw is. But I'm also using the original airbox which is extremely restrictive. I thought about drill holes in the airbox for more airflow but I wanted to get some ideas on what the problem is from people who know more about these 2 barrel carburators. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FUEL INJECTION ON A 1979 KZ1300 8 years 4 months ago #10095

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
Don't be making any physical changes to the carbs. The stock jetting should be fine with the DG pipe. There are a few members on this site who are running the stock jetting with the pipe and are not finding any issues. If you go drilling out ports on your carbs, they'll be garbage.

I suspect that you may be having issues with the float setting or possibly sunken floats from being saturated with fuel. That will cause all of the issues you are describing here. I would follow the manual and check your wet setting of the floats and verify that before anything else. If the floats are saturated with fuel the only cure is replacement floats and if that's the case, I would recommend that you contact our member Scotch through a PM message and buy a set of his brass floats. They're what the Doctor ordered for replacement floats. The price is reasonable and the quality is fantastic.

FUEL INJECTION ON A 1979 KZ1300 8 years 4 months ago #10096

• wess.vic
Thanks I'll take a look.

Last edit: by wess.vic.

FUEL INJECTION ON A 1979 KZ1300 8 years 4 months ago #10102

• wess.vic
I already have my carburator adjusted and rejetted for the pipe. Should I revert back to stock settings. Or keep it where its at. I need to get the main jet straight. If I change the 110 mains to 100 will it run richer or leaner. Thanks

FUEL INJECTION ON A 1979 KZ1300 8 years 4 months ago #10105

• aus_z1300
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 21
The higher the number on the jet the richer the mixture.But it does sound like you need to check a few other things as suggested.

FUEL INJECTION ON A 1979 KZ1300 8 years 4 months ago #10110

• RickG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 95
I ran 6 into 1 pipes on mine for years ans never felt that a jet change was necessary. I totally agree with what Kawboy has said about drilling or body modifications, it is a very good way to ruin a set of carbs and they are hard to find nowdays.
The only reason I could think of to go with a jet increase is that if you are doing a lot of riding at above 4000ft
Live your life so that the Westbro Baptist Church will want to picket your funeral
Z1300 A1 x 2

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds