Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Air temp sensor 8 years 4 months ago #9879

• paul
  • paul's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi there , I have a 1985 ZG1300 A1 with the digital fuel injection. Just wondering if there would be an angel from the heavens that has some Z1300 DFI parts that would have an air temp sensor. This is the litle plastic knob that has two wires coming out of it that screws into the side of the airbox near the battery which is behind the left side cover. If anyone can help I would be greatly appreciative thanks Paul
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Air temp sensor 8 years 4 months ago #9882

• aus_z1300
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 21
If you get stuck You may be able to use an automotive one that does the same thing you'd have to compare resistance vs air temp though.
And if your really desperate People used to sell dodgy plug in performance chips that were just a resistor wich told the ecu the air temp was colder.Or a more advanced dodgy chip that had several different resistance settings .Maybe the manual has a check procedure with the resistance checks for comparison.
The following user(s) said Thank You: paul

Air temp sensor 8 years 1 month ago #11079

• MadMax
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi, Most people don’t know that the air & engine temp sensors are only 2KΩ NTC Thermistors.
Both engine /air sensors may look different but are both the same electronically.
So go to a Electronics shop or go online. Thermistors are only small items and are used in a wide range of electronic items as temp.sensors.
If you are not happy with that idea then try a Bosch sensor. Type “NTC M12-L”
Part number: 0 280 130 039 It’s a 2.5KΩ NTC Thermistor that will do the same job.
Good luck.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ace, JamJar

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds