Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cannot remove the idle jets 8 years 9 months ago #7766

• Akz1300
  • Akz1300's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 8
I've finally managed to remove the idle jets!!! Used various other ideas plus - Here goes, ground a screwdriver to a snug fit,
Unscrewed jet so loose but still unable to remove, would not shift with air, did try screwing in and out to wear edges but no go, so got a sewing needle and carefully scoured between top of jet and ally, this is between the used bottom threads and used top threads so ok. It took aprox 10 mins each one to do. as the jet moves and loosens you can get needle in better. Just trying to wear away the jet edge. Then I used mitre mate superglue spray two part on the screwdriver keeping away from outer edges, spray on jet, screwdriver stuck to jet groove. Twisted up and out with jet, but on the way up got very tight so just twisted back and forth a few times whilst lifting driver and it came out, one was awkward driver came off a few times, found groove was wider so ground driver a bit more. I hope this gives additional support to help the problem. Thanks all for the great advice. Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cannot remove the idle jets 8 years 9 months ago #7767

• Craig
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 43
Good news Dave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akz1300

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds