Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Carburetors in feed tee 8 years 11 months ago #7218

• Murphy12
  • Murphy12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Dose any know where I can buy carburetor I feed tees

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Carburetors in feed tee 8 years 11 months ago #7219

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027

Murphy12 wrote: Dose any know where I can buy carburetor I feed tees

I would start at my local Kawasaki dealer and ask for a "fuel hose fitting part #92005-1019" Partszilla suggests the price is $9.05 U.S. but I wouldn't go to Partszilla for it. There's been a few people on here with bad experiences with them. I've had really good luck bringing in parts from the dealer. Usually, the parts have to come from Japan since the North American warehouses are not keeping them anymore but Kawasaki Japan still has stock.

Good luck !!
Kayboy

Carburetors in feed tee 8 years 11 months ago #7220

• Murphy12
  • Murphy12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
No I am looking to install a extra tee on the infeed for the carbs.I want to machine a new one or buy one this should allow more fuel in to the carburetors

Carburetors in feed tee 8 years 11 months ago #7227

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member

Murphy12 wrote: No I am looking to install a extra tee on the infeed for the carbs.I want to machine a new one or buy one this should allow more fuel in to the carburetors

Well I thought I had a pretty good command of the English language but maybe not.

I ASSUMED you were looking for the fuel feed tee that is between the center and the right carb, so I looked up the part number for that item and suggested where you could get one.

Second, and Scotch will verify this, unless you've modified the shit out of your ride like + 200 HP trying to supply extra fuel to the carbs is a waste of time. The existing feed is more than adequate. If you do go ahead and double up on the fuel inputs, you'll have to come up with different needle and seats to allow the "extra flow". I'm sure if you measured the diameter of the seat supply hole and multiplied the area times 3 and then compared it to the cross section area of the internal diameter of the fuel supply tee you'll find the tee will flow more than the needle seats and that's not accounting for the possible fuel restriction as the fuel flows around the needle in the needle seat.

Carburetors in feed tee 8 years 11 months ago #7239

• scotch
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 830
I'm with kawboy on one point: 2 inlets is over-kill. My original Fuel-line conversion which had 2 inlets (1 on the left and 1 on the r.H. carb) is over-kill and was done simply because "it looked good" - in my opinion). The '79 rebuild was a single conversion to the R.H. carb. only. The reason I do the single or double conversion is because it's simply the shortest length of fuel-line incorporating a fuel filter, all down-hill to the carb(s). and virtually NO screwing around when you need to remove the carbs. Simply remove the fuel-line from the shut-off and the rest stays with the carbs for removal and and re-install. This mod should be mandatory for every carb'd 1300.
However, (if I understand the comment correctly) I'll have to disagree with the inferred idea that more feeds requires different float-needles. The "head" or "static-pressure" from the fuel in the tank at the float needles, will be the same regardless of how many supply feeds you integrate. A full tank will have more "head" then an emptier tank but aside from that the needles are fully capable, regardless.

K.I.S.S.
1980 KZ 1300 sr# KZT30A-009997
Always High - Know Fear !

Last edit: by scotch.

Carburetors in feed tee 8 years 11 months ago #7251

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
Hey there Scotch. The point I was trying to make is that if more fuel flow is required, doubling up the feed would not supply any more fuel since the flow through the needle seats would remain the same.

Just doing a layman's calculation here 30 ft. head of water equates to 14.2 LB/sq. inch so a 1 ft. head of water is .47 LB/sq.inch and gasoline is approximately .755 the density of water so a 1 foot head of gasoline would be .357 LBS/sq.in. so less than 1/2 lb. of fuel pressure at work here with a full tank.
It's like putting out a bonfire with a 5cc syringe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotch

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.844 seconds