• Page:

TOPIC:

Jetting Advice - Dynojet maybe? 9 years 1 month ago #6776

• Tyler
  • Tyler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 46
I am getting to the point where I need to set the carbs up for my build.

Here is where I am at currently:

Head has been ported flow benched tested, bigger pistons - now abut 1370cc or so. CR is stock ( slightly higher)

Cams are stock for now, but they may be redone with re-grinds later on. Stock aribox 6-1 exhaust.

My carbs were crap when I got the bike and have an extensive cleaning and keyster carb kits installed. After I got the bike running I decided to do a performance overhaul...

I'm thinking of trying a dynojet kit or 6-sigma (same thing I think) anyone have any experience with these? I know they have bigger needles and slide weights. Would #100 main jets be large enough? Any help would be appreciated, I need to make a guess to start from.
1981 KZ1300

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jetting Advice - Dynojet maybe? 9 years 1 month ago #6777

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lifelong Rider Suffering Through MBD
  • Thank you received: 274
I installed a DynaJet kit in my six. DynaJet recommends smaller than stock jets with the DG pipe. I started with the 96s that they provided but had to go to the sixth notch to get it rich enough. I just put my bike up on the stand yesterday. I'm going to pull the carbs one more time and install Scotch's brass floats and 100s for mains. I suggest that you read Scotch's thread on rebuilding carbs in this forum.
www.kz1300.com/index.php/forum/carburato...79-carb-rebuild-pt-1

Good Luck
Bill
1947 Indian Chief, 1968 BSA Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 Kawasaki W3, 1976 KZ900 A4, 1979 KZ750 B4, 1979 KZ750 B4 Trike, 1980 KZ550, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 1985 Kawasaki ZN1300, 1987 Yamaha Trail Way, 2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer, 1981 GL 1100, 2009 Yamaha RoadLiner S

Last edit: by KZQ.

Jetting Advice - Dynojet maybe? 9 years 1 month ago #6795

• Tyler
  • Tyler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 46
That's funny since the stock main is a #110... I guess thee real change is in the needle profile. Dynojet must run a smaller jet orifice with a more aggressive needle and then change the spring rate on the slide. Its not about the how much fuel, but how fast the fuel flow responds.

Starting at stock should run anyways.... thanks KZQ.

BTW I read through the Scotch's thread and its a great resource, wish it was written when went through the same thing. Taking every single part down and rebuilding these carbs is quite a chore... the factory manual is an absolute must! That and an ultrasonic cleaner!
1981 KZ1300

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds