Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

K&N air filter fitment issue 9 years 1 week ago #7138

• Kawboy
  • Kawboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Ok people, it's been a while since this topic has been discussed, so here it goes.

I just got off the phone with K&N filters and the Service Rep has notified me that the R&D Dept have TENTATIVELY scheduled a redesign of the mold with production of new filters by SEPTEMBER. According to them, they only show 2 individuals who have contacted them with fitment issues and also stating that the stock that they have right now fits some of the KZ1300's and maybe not all of the KZ1300's, so the priority to getting this issue resolved is really low.

this service rep has told me that in order to escalate the issue and get the R&D Dept. to raise the priority, they need more evidence of the issue. She's asked me to put up this post on our site and ask the members who have had fitment issues to send an email to,

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and explain what the issue is with the fitment of the KA-1350 filter. I believe they want to make this error right, so I'm suggesting that there's a possibility that those who write in an email may get a replacement filter au gratis.

So, please do a good turn for your brothers and sisters and send in an email and we'll see where that gets us. Thanks for your help here,

Kawboy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Kawboy.

K&N air filter fitment issue 8 years 8 months ago #8825

• Madspark3
  • Thank you received: 0
Good news to all kz1300 riders who want to use the stock airbox and a k&n filter. I received in a brown box a new molded, new re-engineered filter that fits like a glove. If you have an old ka-1350 filter that is 3/16" too wide I suggest you call tech support now as they'll be coming hot off the shelf!
Attachments:

K&N air filter fitment issue 8 years 8 months ago #8832

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member

Madspark3 wrote: Good news to all kz1300 riders who want to use the stock airbox and a k&n filter. I received in a brown box a new molded, new re-engineered filter that fits like a glove. If you have an old ka-1350 filter that is 3/16" too wide I suggest you call tech support now as they'll be coming hot off the shelf!

Timing is everything. I called them last week to ask what was going on and 3 days later they replied, that my new filter was shipped last Friday. Fingers crossed, but thanks for the good news Madspark3. Appreciate it.

For those waiting for the resolution on this issue, Now's the time to "remind them" that you've been waiting for over a year or even two for your resolution. They told me in my correspondence with them that they would make good.

K&N air filter fitment issue 8 years 7 months ago #8960

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
Finally, K&N came through and provided me with a replacement filter that fits !! They promised me 8 months ago that they would fix the tooling and send me a new filter and they have. I've thanked then for doing this since our machines are 35 odd years old and some suppliers out there are still providing parts for our beloved machines.

So, last chance for some of you to remind then that they were going to take care of you as well. I know there's a couple of you out there waiting and I'm talking a couple of years waiting. I've been relentless with them and it paid off.

KB

K&N air filter fitment issue 8 years 7 months ago #8963

• globemaster
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Congratulations and thanks. You have gotten K&N to produce a correct filter for the KZ1300. Your efforts are appreciated.

The original K&N filter for the KZ1300 had steel ends and fit correctly.

K&N air filter fitment issue 8 years 5 months ago #9929

• Yaegunp
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 32
Bugger!! Just received mine in the post the other day. Pulled it out today and applied the oil then tried to fit and it's too big. :angry:

Then I checked the manufacturing date and it was made in 2013. What makes it worse is I had already read this thread some months ago, I just thought I would have been in the clear and K & N would have pulled them from the shelves. I have sent an email off to there tech support to see if I can sort it out. #@%*(#% :pinch:
1983 Z1300 A5 plus Sidecar.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds