Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

K&N air filter fitment issue 9 years 2 weeks ago #6773

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 38

lucasind wrote: .....I think the old saying"THE SQUEAKY WHEEL , GETS THE GREASE"....applies here !

Or, "It just needs new bearings!"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

K&N air filter fitment issue 9 years 2 weeks ago #6774

• Kawboy
  • Kawboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
Quote from KZA13 "sigh" they didn't happen to say they would post one to me also ??, or am I still waiting for the cows to come home

I would suggest that we wait until I get the replacement and see that it fits, then go after them for your replacements and I'm sure they'll make good.

To get to this point I had to forward a copy of an email from our brother KZA 13 plus a link to the site of a previous post on the K&N filters that wouldn't fit. I believe those 2 items were enough for them to realize that this wasn't a single issue with a possible shrunk air box opening, but rather a design/build problem on their part. Also, one of the contacts that was involved from before has moved within the company to another position and that may have setback the correction from previously raised concerns. I had to ask my contact to get involved with the previous contact and see what happened and get the ball rolling again.

I think that my 30 years experience working in the nuclear industry taught me that when I needed an engineering change for a correction to a problem, I would have to be patient and also have the perseverance to subtly push my needs until I got my engineered change or got told to piss off and go somewhere else. There's quite a lengthy process to engineering change control. The first step being to identify the problem and come to the conclusion that there's a design fault. Once that's done, the rest happens fairly quick and I think in this case, K&N just needed to be pushed to come to that conclusion.

The other thing is as a company, no one wants to swallow the poison pill. They dropped the ball here and they know that. In this day and age of the internet you can find out just about anything about just about everything by doing a Google search and bad publicity is unwanted.

We'll see if we won in 4-6 weeks. It ain't over yet. !!

Last edit: by Kawboy.

K&N air filter fitment issue 9 years 2 weeks ago #6779

• aus_z1300
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 21
Sounds like a lot of rubbish to me i got my filter replaced by k&n in the u.s after emailing and providing pics.It was over two years ago or more and the replacement fit perfect so why would they need to make a new mould.

K&N air filter fitment issue 9 years 1 week ago #6785

• kza13
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 97
I think they had a run of crap ones and because they don't sell many for the 13 decided to flog them off on us, got caught out, and now are trying to fob us off with excuses while waiting for other suckers to grind their boxes out to fit the big ones
after tuesday even the calendar goes WTF
1979 KAWASAKI Z1300 A1 WITH A DJP SIDECAR
Frame No: KZT3OA003911
Engine No: KZT3OAE004153

K&N air filter fitment issue 9 years 1 week ago #6786

• aus_z1300
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 21
I was thinking somebody got hold of the bad batch and flogged them off cheap who knows mine was bought on ebay u.s.
I sanded down the dodgy filter and got it to fit .I can't imagine anyone would modify there airbox to fit that comment in itself suggest such stupidity that The k&n representative should be beaten about the head with a dodgy filter himself.

K&N air filter fitment issue 9 years 1 week ago #6789

• Kawboy
  • Kawboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027
I'm trying to be diplomatic. They promised me a replacement in 4-6 weeks so we'll see if they come through. If not, I'll start at them again. I'm just an old retired fart with the patience of Jobe. I can harass them till the cows come home or just give me a filter that fits. I'm waiting........................

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds