Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Kawboy's tease for today 9 years 3 months ago #5925

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 38
I wonder how many viewers noticed just how well that wing angle blends into the lines of that tail-light. Only if you curved it slightly near the bottom edges would it blend more perfectly. I really like this addition! Question; is there easy access to all that open space inside that tail section for storage? Does it have a closed bottom?

Not to hijack this thread, Kawboy, but I just thought my current project for a sidecar for my Voyager fits right in with what you are doing. I'm only in the pencil/paper stages right now, with some basic methods in mind. Here are two images to illustrate what I am doing. I will start another thread to describe the rest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kawboy's tease for today 9 years 3 months ago #5928

• Kawboy
  • Kawboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1029
Sweet !! I'm Looking forward to following your progress. I like the way your lines are picking up from the front fairing lines and bringing them down to the sidecar.

As for your question- I hadn't thought about closing in the bottom so that I could remove the storage box. I'll look at the possibility. It would add a lot more room.

Thanks John

Kawboy's tease for today 9 years 2 months ago #5942

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
Some more progress on the tailpiece. 2 sheets of 3/16" balsa wood laminated together and shaped on to the wing. Ready for epoxy resin and fiberglass.

Kawboy's tease for today 9 years 2 months ago #5943

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
Some more progress on the tailpiece. 2 sheets of 3/16" balsa wood laminated together and shaped on to the wing. Ready for epoxy resin and fiberglass.

Attachments:

Last edit: by Kawboy. Reason: Forogt the pics

Kawboy's tease for today 5 years 4 months ago #22368

• Frank833
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
Update?

Kawboy's tease for today 5 years 4 months ago #22382

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member

Frank833 wrote: Update?

I find myself with little time to work on the beast. Last week was an exception allowing me a couple of hours of "free time" to work on the bike.

to answer your question, most of the faring on the tail piece is done. I'm quite happy with the build out. I can literally sit on the tailpiece and it's as sturdy as a rock. (I weigh 270 lbs.) At the suggestion of Trikebldr, one of our former members, I put a floor in the tailpiece and removed the tool box. The tailpiece is now probably twice the capacity of the toolbox and the box is sealed so nothing will fall out of any of the openings at the bottom. Another couple of hours of work and it will be ready for paint.

I have to say the inspiration is the CBX tailpiece and then finding the GPZ900 rear tail light which just the sexiest light I think I've ever seen. I just had to fit it to the KZ.

1/4" balsa wood sheeting and 2 layers of fiberglas cloth and epoxy used for the duck tail and floor in the bottom.

Got to love this tail light
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank833

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds