Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KZ1300 TOURER CHANGE TO Z1300 9 years 3 months ago #5452

• siral
  • siral's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
HI EVERYONE
BEEN IN HOSPITAL FOR THE LAST SIX MONTHS SO NOT BEEN WORKING ON BIKES OR TRIKES OR ANYTHING

SO BEEN LYING ABOUT ON A BED FOR A WHILE GOT ME THINKING I HAVE A 1300 TOURER AND A 1300 VOYAGER BUT NOW I WANT TO CHANGE ONE OF THEM SO WANT TO TURN ONE INTO AN OLD STYLE Z1300. A 1980 LOOK IS WHAT IM AFTER.
SO HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT PICTURES BUT COULD DO WITH SOME HELP, I HAVE A FEELING I NEED TO CUT THE REAR OF THE FRAME TO SUIT THE TAILPIECE AND SEAT, BUT AM REALLY WANTING SOME ADVICE ON IT. LIKE DO THE FOOTPEG HANGER'S SWAP OVER AND ALSO THE SIDE PANELS ARE THE MOUNTING LUGS TOTALLY DIFFERENT. aND IF SWAPPING TO THE OLDER TANK WILL IT MOUNT ON TO THE FRAME OR WILL THIS NEED ADJUSTING AS WELL.
TRYING TO GET SOME ADVICE ON IT BEFORE I START TRAWLING THE NET FOR BITS.

HAS ANYONE DOES THIS BEFORE IF SO WHAT DID THEY HAVE TO CHANGE
SORRY BIT OF WEIRD ONE BUT I LOVED THE SHAPE AND LOOK OF THE OLD Z LOVE THE TWO BIKES I HAVE AND IF I HAD A SPARE 5000 I WOULD BUY A Z BUT THIS IS GOING TO BE THE CHEAPER OPTION
I AM STILL GOING TO KEEP THE STUFF THAT COMES OF SO I CAN SWAP THEM BACK IF THE NEED BE.

THANKS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ1300 TOURER CHANGE TO Z1300 9 years 3 months ago #5468

• tackelhappy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 164
What model of tourer are you talking about ?
Another member is converting a B2 - look back in Recent Topics of a few days ago to see if that helps.
" If you can't say what you think, very soon you won't be able to think !
OKANAGAN FALLS. BC ,Canada
The following user(s) said Thank You: siral

KZ1300 TOURER CHANGE TO Z1300 9 years 3 months ago #5471

• siral
  • siral's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
thanks very much tacklehappy it is a b2 model i have so this thread is going to be really handy to have. Think i have just scored a tank for it so will start piecing the bits together i need. the photo's of the rear frame being done are a godsend
thanks again

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds