Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

84 1300 voyager toyota rear end trike 9 years 6 months ago #4827

• candp
  • candp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
trike has 27 inch high kawi front tire and 195/70r14s,24 inch high,can i go 15 or 16?at 60 mile an hour 3500rpm at seventy 4000 has toyota 410 or so corolla rear end can get 391 helpppppppppppc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

84 1300 voyager toyota rear end trike 9 years 4 months ago #5409

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 38
Your broken english makes it a bit hard to figure what you are asking for, but I am assuming your trike rear end is from a Toyota Corolla with a 4.10 gear ratio and you are wanting a higher ratio, like a 3.91?

If this is correct, then you would have better luck on a Corolla forum asking where to find higher ratio gear sets.

84 1300 voyager toyota rear end trike 9 years 4 months ago #5414

• candp
sorry on the typing!found out i have 3.58 rear end corolla-went to 30-9.50 15 teens tires-the cruising dropped 5,6 hundred rpm- still 3000 rpm at 60 65 mph -trying to get to 2500 rpm at that speed.Am i dreaming?

84 1300 voyager toyota rear end trike 9 years 4 months ago #5415

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Still can't really answer that due to lack of details, but since it is a trike with an automotive rear end, you should be able to find an almost infinite variety of wheels to mount almost any size tire you want. just go visit your local custom wheel/tire shop to find a tire big enough to give you what you want. In theory you would need a tire that is roughly 17% taller than what you have now to drop from 3000rpm to 2500rpm.

84 1300 voyager toyota rear end trike 9 years 4 months ago #5459

• candp
when i started trying to get the final rpm down-front tire 27inch-rear tires were lower and 14 rims=thought i had third member rear end -i don't you take ten bolt cover off and take gears out 3.58-probably automatic corola car-haven't been able to find lower 2.plus ratio-so went with taller tires and fifteen rims 30.9.50 still not rpm range-if i go with 17% higher might not be possible.so thinking changing the whole rear end that has third member interchange-maybe mustang2=any suggestions thks a ton guys

84 1300 voyager toyota rear end trike 9 years 4 months ago #5465

• trikebldr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Ok, I see where you are trying to go. I'm not familiar enough with the ratios available in the Toyota lineup to be able to help you there, but if you are willing to change out the rear end, there are almost unlimited choices out there for ratios down to even a 2.32 that I know of.

But, just to give you a base point to start from, the stock ZN1300 Voyager's rear end has a ratio of 3.40 and it's stock tire is 26" tall. At 70mph it's engine turns 4000rpm. Use these figures to do your calculations for what size tire and gear ratios to look for to get the rpm's you want. Most of us ZN owners find ourselves trying to shift into a sixth gear, which isn't there!

Right now I am working on grafting a Gold Wing final drive with a 2.83 ratio into my Voyager. That will give me 3333rpm at 70mph if I keep the same size tire.

How tall of a tire can you fit on your trike? There are lots of automotive custom rear end builders who could set up almost any ratio you might ask for. They can even build a whole rear axle to fit whatever width you want, too.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds