Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1981 restoration/conversion 8 years 8 months ago #8138

• Kawboy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 1027

Craig wrote: lol Ledkz.......I have a similar situation. Have a worked ZX10R which now sits! Just love the old 1300, use her daily. Even had to charge my car battery the other day for lack of use :unsure:

that's a great looking machine there Craig. I'd have to take her out for a ride once a week just to so her off. Love the Fluorescent orange on the wheels!!

My first real ride after my trainer Honda 150cc Dream was a Kawasaki 350 triple 2 stroke which never saw anything less than 8,000 rpm on the tach unless the ignition was shut off. I also burnt Klotz in it just because it smelt so nice. I was like a mobile perfumery shedding my scent all over the province, and because I drove so fast, no one knew where the smell was coming from. I didn't care about stinking the place up as much as hearing those pistons singing their hearts out at 9,000 rpm. The only thing I wished I had done that I never did was put a set of exhaust chambers on it. Fortunately 5 years ago I had a chance to buy a 750cc H2 with chambers and got it out of my system.
Now I'm just an old fart who likes wrenching more than riding. The wife is not interested in riding, as a matter of fact she would be terrified especially going through a set of twisties and would probably lean in the opposite direction just to keep the bike vertical. So I tend to ride when she's off doing something by herself and since we're both retired we seemed to be joined at the hip, so riding times are short.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1981 restoration/conversion 8 years 8 months ago #8139

• LareNurminen
  • Sustaining Member
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 162
Hi,

Another -81 saved, great. Once you start restoring in earnest next winter, we can help you with the fork ears, air box covers and exhaust system. My friend Ari makes them as reproduction items from Stainless Steel. If your igniter card signs out, we have that available too. You can reach me through this website.
Safe riding, Lauri
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ledkz1300

1981 restoration/conversion 8 years 8 months ago #8146

• Ager
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
very cool

1981 restoration/conversion 8 years 8 months ago #8149

• Ledkz1300
  • Ledkz1300's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Craig, that is a very unique 10 you have there. Looking good.

I've attached a few pics of my 12R. You'd never be able to tell just by looking... or hearing... how modded the engine is. Of course not, it is all inside. The 2.5 lb bottle is stealth mounted under the seat. I had to do some creative carving with a dremel tool to get it to fit... but it fits with the seat on. I get 2-3 passes on the strip with a full bottle but honestly its not needed. I used to drive to the strip with the wife on the back, kick her off and turn 9.1 all day long with no NOS, street tires and stock suspension. If I were more skilled it would easily do into the 8s. Shooting NOS would get me higher trap times but not better numbers. By the time I can hit the button its almost over so really no point except for terminal speed runs and bragging rights.

LareNurminen: I am THRILLED to hear I have an option for the igniter. Its been my worry since I got the thing. We'll be talking!
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds